Tuesday, March 10, 2015

"The MTC didn't change, you did."‏

Wow. What a week. Let me start off by saying this was probably one of the hardest, yet most incredible weeks of my life. We had a lot of goodbyes because the other zone in our district headed out into the real world, and our branch president was released as well. Saying goodbye to the other district was very bittersweet because they were so excited and we were so happy for them, but the reality that we only have one week left until that's us was a bit daunting. But, on Sunday I had one last interview with president Stewart and he said something that will stick with me forever. We were talking about my experience here and being STL for the other sisters and how I've been able to see them grow as well as myself, and we got on the subject of week one. I told him how hard it was for everyone and how inadequate we felt and how adjusting to the schedule took a lot of work, but that the MTC has changed a lot and now we absolutely love it here and my testimony of the gospel is so much stronger than it's ever been before. And he just looked at me with tears in his eyes and said, "Hermana, the MTC didn't change. You did." It was such an incredible experience for me that I will never forget, and I can't even put into words how lucky I've been to have him as my president and to be in the MTC learning and growing more than I ever thought I could. This truly is an inspired work and I am so grateful I have the opportunity to be a part of it.

So, the other highlights of my week would have to be Skyping members and having the MTC presidency come to our sacrament meeting. Skype was fun because we got to share a message with members who already know the gospel, and more often than not I learn more from them than I could have taught them. Also the MTC president presided in our sacrament meeting on Sunday which is a rare opportunity! I got to sit by his wife, Sister Burgess, which was slightly intimidating, but luckily I wasn't called on to give a talk this week so I considered that a blessing.

Um, good news, we didn't break anything this week! On Sundays, before relief society, we get to listen to music and the spoken word which is always one of my favorite parts of the week, but this week things went a bit wrong. Haha we had a little run in with a bat flying around our heads for an hour while half the sisters screamed and laughed like 5 year old children. I wish I could show you all how hilarious the moment was when everyone realized it was not a cute little bird they were watching flying around, but a bat. Everyone's reactions went from "aww" to "ahh!" And I seriously laughed so hard I cried. So another super funny but also random thing that happened this week was our first major language miscommunication. Cute elder honey was trying to tell this investigator that Jesus Christ was the best example, and the word he meant to use was "mejor," but instead he said "mujer," which means woman. Good thing he wasn't actually holding this "investigator's" salvation in his hands because he told her that Jesus Christ was a woman and if she wasn't a member just playing the role of an investigator, that probably would have thrown off everything she'd ever known...

Anyways, I think that is all for this week. I love and miss you all so much! Have a great week!
Love, Hermana Suzanna Lewis

P.S. Sorry I have a lot of pictures this week, hopefully they all come through!



This is my zone, who I love more than life itself. Heavy black heart️ 



See these people? This is my zone and our pro basketball team. And you'll never guess what happened this week! We were playing speed and I WON. Granted, I'm still the most uncoordinated person on the planet, but we all witnessed a miracle this week because I was the last one standing of all 16 of us. THE CHURCH IS TRUE PEOPLE!



Also, I got to see the best teacher in the MTC this week! Aka, Ados. Aka, brother Hewlett. Sorry for my awkwardness, I haven't quite learned how to handle pictures with males as a missionary yet. It's a struggle. Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated Face with tears of joyFlushed face



And lastly, #selfie cause we got our TRAVEL PLANS! I've never been so excite for 4:35 am in my entire life

0 comments:

Post a Comment