Wednesday, February 25, 2015

We are officially the worst guinea pigs

Let me start by saying that we have this problem in our district where if anything can go wrong, it does. And since we're part of a pilot program where they're observing everything, it's kind of terrible and hilarious at the same time. So for example, our district was supposed to go over to west campus the other day to test out some trial classrooms for the new MTC buildings they're working on. So, right before we left Hermana Anderson stopped at the drinking fountain and somehow it ended up shooting straight at the wall and water went EVERYWHERE. We tried to block it with our hands and garbage cans and who knows what and after a series of disasters, we were all soaked and it still wasn't fixed... But we had to leave so we just left it for the other district to deal with Flushed face😬 whoops. Then we showed up to west campus as one big wet disaster and let's just say they're probably regretting choosing us as a guinea pig district... Sorry world. PS, when we were in the test rooms, there was a one way mirror in the back that they were observing us from with mics all over the room to listen to our conversations. So at one point I told my comp I needed to go to the bathroom, so we stood up to leave and already waiting for us at the door was a woman who asked if we needed help finding the bathrooms... So that's not creepy at all. They just have people listen to our private conversations at all times. Haha I'm telling you, this place feels like the hunger games sometimes. 

So, on to bigger and better things, Elder Johnson gave the devotional last week! For those of you who don't know, he was my home teacher back at home. So he had me get up in front of everyone at the beginning which was somewhat terrifying, but he gave such a great talk! Also the choir (which I haven't dropped out of yet, shocker) got to sing which was fun. My comp told me I'm only slightly tone deaf, to which I told her I was dropping out (which means she'd have to drop out too...hehe), until she said "I have perfect pitch so basically I think most people are tone deaf." Haha honestly, I couldn't ask for a better companionship. And I completely mean that, Hermana burton is incredible! And we're completely honest with each other, obviously, haha which I love.

So, investigators. We have our first baptismal date set! Amanda committed to be baptized March 21. Hermana burton and I have had the baptismal invitation memorized since day three, but we've never gotten to the part where you set a date cause nobody has ever been ready... So when she said yes, we both got so excited we forgot how to ask her to commit to a date! Haha but eventually we got it and it was such an awesome experience. Our other investigators are still a struggle but they are so awesome. The thing is, they're not technically even real people (I mean they are,but they're not) but I love them so much and teaching them is such an incredible experience.

MOM. Guess what we watched on Sunday? Legacy! For anyone that doesn't know already, my mom absolutely LOVES the pioneers, and because of that I do too. So legacy was one of our favorite movies when I was younger. And it's been a while since I watched it, so I forgot how cheesy it is, but I still cried through the whole thing while basically everyone else laughed at the cheesiness of it. So that was... An experience. I honestly can't think of a single adjective that could describe it. Hah also that movie has a few g-rated kissing scenes and holy crap missionaries are thirsty people. Like they legitimately couldn't handle it like normal humans. The struggle is real, you guys. We've only been here's few weeks and we've all turned weird already. But more importantly, the pioneers are still incredible and I love them more than I love watching a bunch of 19 year olds turn weird. And that's a lot, btw.

Lastly, today is our MTC hump day! We're half way done! It's so crazy because I feel like I just got here yesterday and have so much more to learn, but at the same time I feel like I've been here for 3 years and I've learned soo much. It's a magical place. Cause duh, Disneyland(prison).

Well I love and miss you all and all I love hearing from you! Have a great week!

Love, Hermana Suzanna Lewis



Let me just tell you a bit more about this incredible district of mine. And this picture describes us to a T. Top left is elder Hagen, and that dude IS Napoleon Dynamite. Then elder honey, the king bee. Who is also sweet as honey. We call Elder Rossi soybean cause literally all he ever says is "yo soy." Elder Wixom is our amazing district leader and also Jim Halpert. Hermana Burton is little Italia, because she lives and breathes Italy. Hermana Anderson is my soul sister, nuff said. Except she also does the best Miranda sings impression you'll ever see, aside from my sister, of course. Hermana Lewis is literally my twin and is the funniest person I know. Hermana burton, my compañera, is Emma Watson's classy little protégé. And lastly, Hermana Jenkins, our bubbly little gringo. Haha so there's my district! I love them to death.



In case you can't tell, I love these girls. That is all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment