Monday, November 9, 2015

The worth of souls is great‏

Well, mainly I just have the weekend to update you on! So we had zone
conference on Friday, which was amazing as always. We combined with
the other Santa Rosa zone and both San Rafael zones, so there was a
lot of us there. We learned a lot about how to be better missionaries,
and my companion also had to give her departing testimony which was
crazy Face screaming in fearLoudly crying face speaking of my companion, she has an AMAZING singing voice,
and there's also an elder in our zone who belongs at Juilliard, so the
two of them are asked to sing for pretty much everything, and somehow
I got dragged in as their pianist. So I had to accompany them for a
song at zone conference and at church on Sunday, and let me just say
I'm regretting not practicing hymns like my mom told me to growing up!
Listen to your mothers, people! Oh also, president and sister wright
both spoke in our ward yesterday, so I got to see them quite a bit
this past week

We had a super amazing service project this Saturday, where the stake
got together downtown to feed the homeless and give them winter coats
and clothes and stuff. It was so cool cause all us missionaries were
asked to show up in our lovely yellow helping hands shirts and go
around meeting people. So I just got to chat with homeless people for
a few hours and I absolutely loved it! They were so grateful and
appreciative for everything and it was so amazing to find out all
their back-stories. It gave me a little taste of how God sees all of
us, and that everyone has a story and deserves to be loved, regardless
of who they are. I know without a shadow of a doubt that we are all
children of a loving Heavenly Father, who knows your back-story, who
watches over you, and loves you more than you could ever know.

"Remember, the worth of souls is great in the sight of God." -D&C 18:10

Love you all! 
Hermana Lewis

Pictures: 
1. Me with president and sister wright at zone conference 
2. The 6 girls of us girls in our zone at the temple (yes, we're the
hardly visible dots there in the middle) 
3. Me and my companion Heavy black heart 
4. Car ride to the temple! (Party in the back seat Party popper
5. Awkward selfie










0 comments:

Post a Comment