Monday, July 25, 2016

Quicksand‏

Well, friends..... This is one of those weeks where I'm just drawing a
blank. I'm not quite sure what to write today! The time just keeps
going faster a faster and I keep trying to slow it down but I just
can't! I'm starting to feel like I'm in reverse quicksand. Like rather
than being sucked in, I'm slowly being spit out (of the quicksand, aka
the mission) and the harder I try to fight my way back in the further
out I go. Just to be clear, that isn't a very fun feeling! But with
that said, I'm enjoying and cherishing the moments I have left more
and more every day.
So..... One of the highlights for me this week was our road trip up to
pope valley with sister Garate, the branch president's wife. She drove
us up there to see our investigator gamine, the one who is getting
baptized next month. Now considering that it's in the middle of
nowhere and it takes a million years and tons of windy mountain roads
to get there, it's quite a commitment to go out there. So she took us
and we also went and visited all the less actives and potentials we
could find out there. We had an awesome lesson with gamine, got to see
a few other people, and had a surprising amount of fun. And sister
Garate had us all equipped with water bottles and snacks, including
some killer good farm-fresh peaches :)
We also got to do a ton of service this week which I enjoyed as well.
You know, there's just something about serving others that makes me
outrageously happy. A woman actually called us this week and said
she'd been given our number about a year ago by some missionaries who
said to call if she ever needed anything. She told us what she needed
and was like "okay so what's the catch?" And of course we explained to
her that there wasn't one, we just love to serve people. She just
couldn't get over it and kept asking why and what was up and who was
forcing us to do this and on and on. Honestly it got to the point
where I just wanted to be like "LADY. Have you ever tried just giving
up a few hours of your day to serve someone voluntarily? Cause in all
reality, when we serve people, sure they benefit from it, but the real
benefit comes to us. You can't replicate the kind of happiness it
brings." But, I'm working on being more charitable and loving right
now so I figured I'd just keep my mouth shut. Haha but it's true,
service is great. I just love it.
Plus, serving others=serving God.
{ M o s i a h 2 : 1 7 }  
Love you all! 
Hermana Lewis

Pictures! 
1. Hermana Navarro came to visit me!! 
2. And Hermana Gonzalez 
3. One of the biggest lessons I've learned recently. 
4. My comp and me being candid hahaha







0 comments:

Post a Comment