Monday, April 13, 2015

Real pants & barbeques: my new favorite things‏

GUYS! I got to wear jeans on saturday, for like, half the day! It was heaven. We had a service project up at a ward member's cool cabin/house thing which was so much fun. Then after, we had a barbeque. And since we had been doing service, we were still in normal clothes and it was truly the best thing of my life. We just got to sit and enjoy the sun and watermelon and I felt like a normal human again! I'm getting the worst farmer's tan in the history of ever cause we're always doing service in t-shirts, but hey. It's totally worth it.
So, I want to tell you about a cool experience we had this week. To give you some background info, sister alba (our mission president's wife) refers to everyone as lambies. She is momma lambie, we are her little lambies, and our goal is to talk to all the lambies we can and bring all the little lambies unto the fold. Haha so anyways, this week hna nimmer and I found a lost lambie, and it was so amazing! We passed this kid on the street and started talking to him and he was telling us how much he likes the mormons and respects our religion, and then we asked him to come to church so he explained to us that he was homeless and just moved in with a family that is very against mormons. But then he said "but i know what my religion is. I'm still a mormon." so we were like "what? have you been baptized?!" and he said yes! But since he had been homeless he had no records here or anything! It was a super cool experience. He said he wants to find out a way to come back to the church which was super cool!
So, update on Jeremias. We had a lesson with him this weekend and he's gone back to not feeling quite ready again. Super sad. It's hard cause we know he's ready, but he doesn't. And we can't really make him feel ready... so we're just praying he will still be able to take that leap of faith! Also we met a lot with the Bandt family this week. I'm not sure if I've talked to you about them at all before, but they are a part-member less active family. The dad (he was baptized about 20 years ago, but his wife and kids weren't) really wants this for their family, and he is so incredible. His name is Eduardo and I just love meeting with him! We had a lesson with him yesterday and when we got there it was just he and his mom home, but throughout the course of the lesson more and more people kept coming home and by the end of the lesson, we had the entire family there together reading scriptures! It was such a cool experience. Their family is amazing!
So lastly, I have a few things. First, we got word from President Alba this week that we are allowed to read emails during the week! We still can only respond during email time on p-day, but if you send me your emails during the week I'll be able to read them before p-day and I'll have more time to respond! Also, s/o to my amazing sister for making the woods cross cheer team this week! If you see her, tell her congrats for me :) Well, I love you all, have a wonderful week!
Love, Hermana Suzanna Lewis



So, I forgot to mention last week, but our awesome elders left us some Easter gifts. They got me cherry coke and Nutella, so basically my favorite things in this entire world. They are amazing. I am so lucky to have such a great district!



Also this other picture is some eggs a member gave us. She has a farm with chickens that lay blue and green and brown and speckled eggs and I just thought they were cool. haha. Obviously, the people here in sonoma are incredible. I don't think I'm ever leaving...sorry mom! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment