Tuesday, May 26, 2015

MILAGROS {miracles}‏

Holy cow. What a week. I want to start out with telling you about Ricardo, cause he is by far the most incredible miracle I've seen yet on my mission. We met him last Tuesday and have seen him almost every day since! And by Wednesday he had a baptismal date set for June 27 :) the craziest thing is he just moved here from Mexico so he has no phone and is staying with a catholic family who won't let us come over, so he told us to meet him at this random bike path (sketch? Ya, we thought so. But worth a shot.) and he's showed up for every appointment! We definitely have to have a lot of faith, because if he doesn't show up one day we can't just call him or stop by his house, and then he's lost. He has a huge desire to learn and we've seen more miracles with him in the past week than I can even tell you. He works two jobs that he works from sunrise to sundown, other than a short break in between jobs which he spends talking with us. He even told us, "I'm sorry, I haven't been able to read a lot in the Book of Mormon cause I need to sleep, but I try to get 30 minutes to an hour of studies in at night." DUDE. That's more than I read before the mission! (Although I didn't tell him that part. Haha. I wish I had the time to tell you all the details because he truly is amazing. As far as being spiritually prepared, this guy could be baptized tomorrow! But he's still working on getting work off so he can come to church, so I would love if you could keep him in your prayers :)

Well, nothing can really top that this week. We did set a baptismal date with the morales family! And Jackie gave us her officially quinceñera invitations :) they need a bit more time to prepare for baptism because this quinceñera truly is consuming their lives right now... Hispanics sure do love their parties! It's been fun though helping them prepare and everything. Oh also, all the Hispanics in the ward are planning a temple trip to do baptisms together which I'm super stoked about! Most of them have never even been which is sad for me because I love the temple so much and I know what blessings they're missing out on! So it was actually really cool cause we had a lesson on temples planned for this one couple for weeks and it just wasn't happening. So, we decided to share it for the family night we do together with all the Hispanics on Mondays. But.. It turned out to be a birthday party and was super chaotic. We were sure we wouldn't be able to share our message and at that point I just wanted to give up the whole temple idea. But just as we were about to leave, someone asked if we had a message, so we got to share it! And a member of the bishopric was there, so he organized a trip for them and told them how to get recommends and all that! It was super cool to see how even though in the end it was nothing like we had planned, it all worked out the way God knew was best. And now they'll just be one step closer to being able to go through the temple for themselves one day and have eternal families :)

So, for funny stories this week.. Not much happened. Haha we did meet one lady who was this super awesome cute old Irish woman who immediately let us in her house. She was interested in letting us leave a blessing in her home, so we did. After the blessing, Hermana nimmer asked her how she felt, and she said "well, I'd feel a whole lot better if you were saying goodbye right now!" I don't know what changed in her, but it was extremely awkward. We didn't really know how to respond to that other than get up and leave! But her daughter was super embarrassed and tried to be super nice. She also gave us a bag of toffee (I think to cover up the awkwardness/bluntness of her mom) which is my favorite, so that was nice! One thing I absolutely love about being companions with Hermana nimmer (other than the fact that she doesn't eat sweets so I get to keep all the treats people give us.. hehe) is that whenever things like that happen that might be a little discouraging, we always get a good laugh out of it and end up with a smile on our faces. Seriously, we have so much fun together! I can't believe I only have 2 weeks (most likely) with my mission momma left! Oh ya, in the mission your first comp is your mom. And your second is your dad. I'm not a huge fan of that haha but it's whatever. On that note, love you all, have a great holiday/week!


Love, Hermana Suzanna Lewis 


Here's me with Ashely and Aida, some of my favorite people ever. Ashley is on the left and she is so adorable. She always asks in her prayers that God will "watch over us and give us fruit." Haha and Aida is on the right, she's Jeremias' wife. She has an amazing testimony and takes her Book of Mormon basically everywhere because she always tells everyone how powerful it is. So ya, I love them.



0 comments:

Post a Comment