Monday, June 22, 2015

Awkward Hugs

First things first, PRESIDENT ALBA HUGGED ME. Don't worry, it was totally kosher. And basically the highlight of my life. So, let me explain. President and sister alba will be released this week as mission president, and we will be getting president and sister wright. I'm super excited to meet them and I know they will be amazing, but it's really hard to see president Alba go. I can just feel the love he has for me and each of the missionaries here and I have learned sooo much from him in the few months that I've been lucky enough to have him. So before they leave, they wanted to have departing interviews with each of the missionaries. We had our interviews on Wednesday and it was very bittersweet. At the end of my interview, we got up and shook hands, and he asked if I had any last questions. I thanked him for everything and then asked what the possibility was of me being able to hug him at the all-mission conference next week when we say goodbye. He looked me in the eyes (which let me tell you-he can stare into your soul in an instant. So that was somewhat terrifying) but then he threw his arms up in the air and said "why not now?!" I was so happy/surprised/confused that when he started to hug me I didn't know what to do with myself. Haha ya I've definitely become awkward already. But anyways, it was the best. Despite my awkward missionary-ness. I seriously love president alba more than words can tell you. I have been so fortunate to have met him and sister alba and had their influence on my life and on my mission. And now I get to look forward to meeting our new wonderful president next week!

So, as far as the work here in Dixon, we're still doing a lot of finding! We have been doing a LOT of tracting. The good thing is that with how hot it is outside, people let us in their houses more cause they see us physically melting so they let us in. Haha and we get offered water every 10 minutes :) so all is going well!

For miracles this week, we had a pretty cool experience this weekend! So we handed Lamar, that guy who came to church, off to the sisters cause he's English. But the sisters called us the other day and said they'd been to his house and searched for him all day and couldn't seem to find him, so they were just asking for help on where/when they might be able to find him. Well, guess who we saw no later than two seconds after we hung up? LAMAR! We stopped and chatted with him and he was really excited that the sisters were looking for him. This guy is the best. He even flagged down a Jehovah's Witness while we were talking and tried to get her to come to church. He's practically a missionary already :)

So, random notes of this week: I went on exchanges to yolo county this week. We saw some j-dubs walking and thought they were the elders so we honked and waved... They did not appreciate that. Haha. So I'm a part of the Davis zone, which is also called the relief society zone cause it's mostly sisters. And everyone calls us the "Davis divas." Not sure how I feel about that but it's fine. Well, that's all I have for this week. Love you all and happy late Father's Day!

Love, Hermana Suzanna Lewis

P.S. My new address is:
1225 Linford Lane #D3
Dixon, CA 95620



Here's me and my roomies! My comp, Hermana navarro, me, sister tucker, and sister peterson. I love these ladies more than those elders in the background love to photobomb Face with tears of joy haha sorry I only have one picture today, enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment