Monday, June 15, 2015

DIXON

Well, I made it to Dixon! This place is HOT. Haha but, I love it! This has been such a crazy week, I don't know where to start!

Okay, let me back up to my last day in sonoma. We had a family night with the Hispanics in the ward and guess who showed up? The morales family! They were super late but I had really really wanted them to be able to come, and I know that God knew how important they are to me so he definitely blessed me and made it possible. Smiling face with smiling eyes it was super hard to say goodbye to everyone that night, but it went so well and basically all the members and investigators who were important to me were there, so I got to finish up my time in sonoma the best way I could have asked for! I held it together pretty well the whole night, but before I left I shared my testimony with them and they gave me the cutest little parting gifts and at that point I lost it. I never realized how hard it would be to leave these people that I've only known for three months! But hey, now I'm in Dixon meeting more incredible people and I know I need to be here!

So, transfer meeting was super fun. First off, all the newbies were there and I wasn't one of them! I can't tell you how good that felt. I loved my greenie days, but it's nice to not be "the baby" anymore :) so anyways, I got to see my MTC companion, Hermana burton at transfer meeting! We're actually switching zones which is kinda funny. I also got to see my old Sonoma Davis county crew too which was fun. A recent convert actually took a bunch of us to lunch after which was basically the best meal of my life cause we went to 5 GUYS! I didn't even know they had those here in Cali so I was stoked. Then after that sister peterson and I took off on our 3 hour drive to Dixon (traffic. Ew.) Although it was surprisingly like the most relaxing 3 hours of my mission. Oh ya and I'm officially driver now! (Wish me luck!) my companion is Hermana Navarro, and we live with the English sisters- sister peterson and sister tucker. There's no elders here in Dixon so everyone calls it the sisters city. Haha although I don't think I'd call Dixon a city... It's more like a cute little community :) either way, we are having a blast here!

Let me tell you about Dixon. To be completely honest, coming here from sonoma was probably the hardest trial I've had on the mission so far. It was hard because sister nimmer and I spent the past 3 months working as hard as we could, and just in the past few weeks we started to see the fruits of our labors and our area was on fire. We had some super solid investigators who should be getting baptized soon and everything was going great. Then I got transferred here, where the area was essentially dead. I replaced a missionary who was sick a lot so they honestly didn't go out and work much, and we had nobody we were working with. But, that means we've gotten to do a whole lot of finding which I love! And Hermana Navarro is ready to get out there and work, so we've definitely got a good transfer ahead of us! Dixon is like a goldmine that's just been waiting to be discovered.

We found a lady named Beatriz the other day who also happened to be a former investigator. We had a great lesson with her and it was a miracle because at the end of the lesson, we asked her to pray. She said no, and usually it's really hard for me to be insistent and try and get people to pray, but this time I was determined. I didn't know why, but I was not leaving that lesson until she prayed. So Hermana Navarro and I walked her through it until finally she said she would pray. In her prayer she said "thank you for sending the missionaries back to my house, because now I know that this church is true." Ahh yay! She's totally getting baptized, now we just need to pick a date :)

Another little miracle from this week was church yesterday. So my first day here I was feeling frustrated and didn't feel like we were making progress. So we made a goal to get someone to church, and we started inviting literally everyone we talked to. Most people say no, and the few that say they'll come never actually do... But Sunday morning came and 3 random people we'd talked to on the street showed up! I was super surprised. Sadly they're all English speakers so they won't be our investigators, but hey, a soul is a soul and their salvation is important either way! (even if they don't speak the celestial language. Aka Spanish.)

Well, that's about all I've got for you this week! Oh, I almost forgot! Thanks so much to everyone who sent me a birthday email/card/package! I love you all so much and I'm so grateful for all the love and support I have back home Heavy black heart I couldn't ask for better friends and family!

Love, Hermana Suzanna Lewis 

Alrighty, pictures:
This first one is at my last family night in sonoma! In a nutshell, these are the people who have my heart and I love them all sooo much!
Then the next one is basically the definition of awkward. Haha I never realized how difficult it is to take a non- awkward picture with elders. It's essentially impossible. But anyways, here's me with elder butterfield and elder tooley at 5 guys!
Then there's me at zone meeting on my birthday. I thought I would get away with nobody knowing it was my birthday but then everyone came in singing with cupcakes. It was super nice of them though, I've got a good zone! But yes, they made me wear that birthday pin all day. Awkward.
So the other day I saw this FC Barcelona logo on someone's driveway so of course I had to take a picture with it! #gospain
Lastly, there's me and my new comp, Hermana Navarro! Excuse the fact that it's a bathroom selfie. You gotta do what you gotta do though.










0 comments:

Post a Comment