Monday, June 29, 2015

Farewell to President and Sister Alba

We get our new mission president today! It's kind of a weird feeling because I feel like I'm getting new parents today who I've never met before.. but I'm excited! We had our all-mission conference on wednesday to say our goodbyes and it was such an amazing day. It was super weird because we literally got ready in the morning, drove straight to santa rosa, and got back home at 8:30 that night so for the first day in my mission, I only did missionary work for about 30 minutes... crazy! It was a long day but so much fun. President and Sister Alba both spoke, then we had lunch and skits, which was hilarious. The theme was supposed to be "a walk down memory lane with president and sister alba," so we all got to re-enact all the hilarious things they have done over the years. We all got a good laugh out of that. Then we had testimonies for the remaining few hours, which was also a really cool experience because there were a lot of returned missionaries who came and bore their testimonies. I loved being able to see the growth from everyone throughout the mission and how much it really does change you. At the end, we all lined up and gave president and sister alba one last hug goodbye, and that was that. It was really hard, because they truly have become second parents to me, but I am so excited to meet our new president this week! We will be meeting him on thursday, so I'll let you all know how it went next week!

So for miracles this week, I'd have to say the Cerda family. The wife is a member but her husband isn't, and they've been in Spain the past few weeks so I didn't get to meet them until we had dinner with them the other day. They've been through a lot of complications in life but are such amazing people who I've come to love so much in the short time I've known them. They both have a strong testimony and all she wants is to be sealed to him for eternity. He comes to church every week and essentially is a mormon.... But he won't really talk about why he hasn't/won't be baptized. He also apparently tries to be out of the house or busy when the missionaries visit, but we had a miracle this week where we were able to teach him twice! He stayed for our dinner message, which made us so happy. Then the next day we went over to do service for sister cerda, and when we were done we were about to share a message with her, and he walked in the door and joined us! And he even promised us at the end that they'd try their best to read the book of mormon and pray together every day :) In my opinion, it's just a matter of time before he lets us baptize him!

Well, that's all I have for you this week! Love you all and have a great fourth of july!!!

Love, Hermana Lewis 

Pictures:
1. Me with President and Sister Alba
2. Okay, so this is like my mission "family" that's my dad, me, my sister, my grandma, my mom, and my brother. I don't know how to even begin to explain how that works so I'm just gonna not. Haha sorry.
3. Here's me and my current roomies throwing it back to high school See-no-evil monkey
4. And all the mission! Honestly, I can't even find myself in that picture so good luck. Haha someone took one from up high where you can see everyone so I'll try my best to get that one!

0 comments:

Post a Comment