Monday, August 10, 2015

Farm life

We spent a good portion of this week in farm country, which if you
know me you know I was in heaven. By some chance we just ended up
having most of our dinner appointments out in the goonies (where all
the farms are) or we got to go do service for people which was way
fun. The other day we were out feeding the cows and horses and our job
was to sit in the back of the truck while they drove around to all the
troughs and we would toss the pallets in there. Well, once when I
threw one a huge gust of wind came and blew it right back in my face.
That was a fun experience. Needless to say, I love the farms here!
Dixon is basically heaven on earth.

Okay, let me tell you about Jessica. Have I mentioned I love her? She
is the sweetest lady! She has all the right questions and is sooo
ready for the gospel. We also had a cool miracle with her this week
cause she hadn't been keeping her commitments to read in the Book of
Mormon, but every week at district meeting we do "stewardships," where
we basically tell our district/zone what our investigators are
struggling with and ask them to pray for them. So, we asked everyone
to pray that Jessica would start reading the Book of Mormon and sure
enough, 2 days later she was reading!! Prayer really does work
miracles.
Oh also, the other day her son kept interrupting us and she told him
to be quiet cause she was busy with her friends (haha, us.) and he
said "they're not your friends, they're your sisters." You got that
right bud!

Alright, I wanted to tell you all how amazing and inspired my momma
is. So a little background, I've been sick this week and the only
thing I can choke down is pretty much liquids and saltines. Also, we
aren't supposed to go to the store during the week, unless it's an
emergency we can go during meal time. But that also is a bummer cause
you have to make your companion waste their lunch time at the grocery
store. So I'd already dragged my comp to the store once to get
saltines (thinking I'd only be sick for the day and not realizing how
long it would last) and I didn't want to make her go again but I was
running out of smoothies and yogurt and didn't know what I was going
to do. Then we get home for lunch on Thursday and I was honestly
feeling like I might die, and then I saw a cute little package from
home sitting on our doorstep. Guess what was in it? SMOOTHIE BARS. Now
let me tell you, my mom had no idea I was even sick and never could
have guessed that I would have needed those cause honestly it was
something I'd never seen before. But it was inspired. That moment (and
actually every second of being a missionary) was when I knew that God
loves me. He loves each and every one of us! And sometimes he shows us
in the smallest or weirdest ways, but I know that if we look for it,
we will be able to see his hand in everything we do. I can promise
each and every one of you that God is watching out for you. He is
aware of you, he loves you, and he wants the best for you. :) 
Love, Hermana Suzanna Lewis 

Pictures: 
1. Zone meeting! 
2. Me and my favorites, Hilda and Guillermo! Haha the first time I met
them, guillermo told me "we're the dry Mormons." Yep, that about sums
them up. 
3. I sent a video, but I don't know if it will work. One of our zone
leaders, elder Johnson, sang us a rap at zone meeting. The one
beatboxing (well.. Attempting. Haha) is our greenie, elder creighton.




0 comments:

Post a Comment