Friday, August 21, 2015

Sacramento temple!‏

Today my zone went to the Sacramento temple and it was AMAZING. I truly never realized how much I loved the temple until I didn't have one 5 minutes away that I could visit whenever I wanted to. The Sacramento temple is so gorgeous and has such an amazing spirit there. It's the smallest temple I've ever been to, but I love it. Plus we had sister Wadell drive us, which was a blast because she used to be a missionary here and has since moved back to Dixon and married a member here... haha she is so great. we love her.

Okay, so as for the rest of this week, we had zone conference on tuesday which of course we were all able to learn a lot from. President and Sister Wright came and spoke to us with the APs and tech elders and it was entertaining, inspiring, and fun as always. President Wright is truly the happiest man out there and you can just tell he wants the best for each and every one of us and is going to do his best to get us there. He is an amazing President and I am so grateful I get to spend the next year with him!

So this week we decided to venture out to the migrant camps. It's way out in the middle of nowhere and someone finally told us this week how to get there, so we thought we'd give it a shot cause there would definiely be a ton of hispanics there. Well, I don't know if I can even put that place into words. It was dead quite and a million degrees and I'd gone back in time about 100 years to some ghost town during the war or something. And it was surrounded by an electric fence cause it was right next to some government property/organization thing (honestly I have no idea..). But anyways, as creepy as it seemed, it was actually really cool. Almost every door we knocked on someone answered and was very nice and welcoming. We found a jackpot! We found some great people and are already excited to visit again :)

As far as investigators go, we go through waves. Haha I'll just say that. We've had a hard time meeting with a lot of them lately, but we were able to spend a lot of time this week with a lot of less actives and my love for each and every one of them has grown sooo much. We also did pick up a new investigator this week who is such a great guy. His name is Victor and he has such a strong desire to change his life and join the church. He told us the other day that he's going to finish reading "our book" by next week. Hopefully he keeps his word! He's awesome though. He's just one of those people who has the sweetest heart and you can just see it in everything he does. I really hope things go well with him!

Alright, I've got a lot of pictures this week, so here we go:
1. This is Peter, the most amazing member I've ever met. He got baptized a month or two before I got here and has been so strong ever since. He tells us we're dorks and makes fun of us and feeds us mochi (a weird asian ice cream that has changed my life). We love him.
2. Us and the elders on elder sabin's last sunday! He left tuesday so he could get back in time for school, so now elder kimball is in a trio with the zone leaders.
3. At the migrant camps! Aka middle of nowhere, USA. 
Excuse my creepiness, just trying to fit in.
4. We took angelina cupcakes for her birthday on tuesday, and she was more excited about the Jesus picture we gave her :) such a sweetheart!
5. This is our little friend, satan. you can't see it super well, but his web covered our entire deck and he basically took it over as his home. Don't worry, he is very dead now. The elders lit him on fire.







0 comments:

Post a Comment