Monday, August 31, 2015

Transfers, miracles, and service!‏

First, let me tell you all that I was reading some of my old emails and I just have to say I'm sorry for my terrible grammar/punctuation/English. You don't really have time to proofread these things, so ya. Sorry. Haha

It's transfer week! I will be staying here in Dixon, and I'll be getting a new companion. I'm definitely going to miss Hermana Navarro a TON cause we've become so close over the past 3 months, but I know there's good things ahead for both of us. My new companion is Hermana Campbell. I've never met her, but I've heard she's a hard worker which I'm definitely excited about. With everything that happened with the elders here in Dixon this past transfer, they have to whitewash again which means all 3 other missionaries who will be here in Dixon with me are going to be new, which is definitely a bit scary but it's going to be fun. Also, some other news with transfers, the stake/mission boundaries changed this weekend and we're getting west Sacramento added to our mission! And since it's pretty close to where I'm at, it will be in my zone as well! So that's pretty exciting as well. Lots of change is coming my way but I'm ready for it :)

In other news, this has been a great week. The last week of the transfer is always so cool because it seems like miracles just come out of nowhere and so many great things happen. We have had so many experiences this week where we've seen someone down the street or around the corner and we decided to go talk to them really quick, and they are just AMAZING people. Who knows where things will go, but we've definitely found some really interested people this week with a lot of potential, so we're just praying that we've found some elect :)

Other than miracles, I think if I could put this week into one word, it would be service. We were able to do a ton of service this week and it was so much fun for me to be able to see the impact we can make when all us missionaries get together and work hard for a good cause. Service truly is such a blessing to not only the people around us, but to US. I feel so lucky as a missionary to be able to devote so much time to serving others and having a blast doing it. I know that life is busy and that when you're not a missionary it's hard to find time to do service, but I can promise each one of you that if you make the time, you will see many blessing come to you and to those you serve.

On an unrelated note, but not really that unrelated, I want to tell you all about what we call a car sauna. Elder Johnson introduced us to it a few weeks ago after service and we've been obsessed with it since. Haha so after we finish service, on the ride home we don't turn on the AC and we basically just sit there and sweat. It's miserable but amazing at the same time cause it makes your skin feel SO good! You should all try it, I swear I'm not crazy. Haha it's fun.

Anyways, since it's monday, and here in our ward we've been talking about families a lot lately, I want to invite you all to make sure you have family home evening tonight. It might not seem that important or productive sometimes, but I promise you, it DOES make a difference. Families and the gospel are some of the greatest gifts God has given us and I know that family home evening is one of the best ways we can strengthen both. And if you need an idea for what to do, go to:
They have a super cute template for a "sabbath day plan" that I really like. 

Well, that's all for this week! Love you all, I'll talk to you soon! Wish me luck with the new transfer! And good luck to all you heading back to school today :)

Love, Hermana Lewis 

Pictures:
1. Our zone! (again) We all got together after district meeting last week and put together a cafe rio pork burritos lunch. It wasn't the real stuff of course, but it was so amazing. I can't complain. You never realize how much you love something until you can't drive down the street to get it!
2. Me and angeles, one of our investigators. She's pretty much one of the only ones who actually keeps her commitments and reads the Book of Mormon. She's great :)
3. Our little Dixon family! Elder Johnson, Kimball, Hacking, me, and Hermana Navarro
4. Me with the Alvarados :) I can't tell you how much I love this family. I mean, I think I talk about them enough that you all know, haha but seriously, they are my favorite people!







0 comments:

Post a Comment