Monday, October 19, 2015

Officially living in Santa Rosa!‏

I'm officially living in Santa Rosa! First off I have to tell you that
the address they gave me last week was wrong, so don't send anything
there! If you already have don't worry about it, it's just the zone
leaders' apartment. But anyways, here's my real new address:
5199 Old Redwood Highway Apt. 75
Santa Rosa, CA 95403

So anyways, I absolutely LOVE it here. Rosa is so beautiful and fun!
And I have an amazing companion who is literally the nicest human on
the planet, and 2 other roomies who are some of the best hermanas in
the mission, so all is well here! This week was a struggle because we
whitewashed into basically nothing, and really didn't have any info to
go off of, but we're starting to get to know the area and find our
investigators. It's definitely an adventure though! Our zone is super
fun though, we have the APs in our zone who have helped us out a ton.
And I think I've seen president wright more in the past week than I
did in the past few months that he's been here!

As far as investigators, I don't have a lot to give updates on, sorry!
We do have one investigator named Marta who asked us in our first
lesson with her what the requirements for baptism are, which was super
awesome. She has tons of potential and we're excited about her.
Hopefully we can set a baptismal date with her this week, so keep her
in your prayers!

I want to share a scripture with you that I read this morning and
absolutely loved. It's heleman 14:30, and it says, "And now remember,
remember, my brethren, that whosoever perisheth, perisheth unto
himself; and whosoever doeth iniquity, doeth it unto himself; for
behold, ye are free; ye are permitted to act for yourselves; for
behold, God hath given unto you a knowledge and he hath made you
free."
How great is it that we get to choose WHATEVER we want to. God will
never force anything on us and will ALWAYS give us our agency. WE
choose our actions, which means WE are the reason for our
consequences. Choose the right, people. It makes you happy Smiling face with smiling eyes have a
great week, I love you all and you're always in my prayers!

Love,
Hermana Lewis

Pictures:
So apparently some of my pictures last week didn't send. So hopefully
they'll go through today! And the first one is me and my roomies! The
one next to me is Hermana Akre, my companion, then Hermana
Melgar-Fetzer, then Hermana Rosas
2. Me and the harris's, my absolute favorites. They were just in Utah this week and met up with my family and got a picture with them, so I had to make sure I got a picture with them as well :)
3. Oscar, leti, Jacqueline, and I at the baptism!
4. Haha this is Ernestina and her husband. Ernestina is one of our amazing golden investigators and her husband is a super loud obnoxious funny guy. we came up to the door that day, he was sitting at the table eating dinner with nothing on... Luckily we saw nothing haha but hence the robe See-no-evil monkey









0 comments:

Post a Comment