Monday, October 5, 2015

CONFERENCE! (obviously)‏

Well I think it goes without saying that I loved this week because we got to watch conference! My companion and I were talking the other day about how we kind of look forward to conference like it's Christmas, which just shows you how much of a difference the mission has made on me! I can't believe I only have one more session in the mission! But anywho, I'll come back to conference later in my email.
So what happened this week... honestly, conference made me forget just about everything that happened before then. Remember that cute hispanic couple we found late at night downtown last week? Well, funny story. So they actually didn't know their address or phone numbers, but they tried their best to explain where they live to us. They told us they lived by the catholic church on the top floor of a set of apartments. Well, the catholic church here is pretty much surrounded by apartments, so when we headed over there to try and find them, we felt a bit overwhelmed. We knew we weren't going to have time to knock every door and worried they might not even be home, but we decided to get to work and try to find them. I kid you not, the FIRST door in the FIRST apartment complex was them! And we almost skipped it cause it looked suuuuuper american (not that we profile people.. but sometimes you've got to use the context clues), but then we thought "that would be really embarrassing if we skipped it and it was them." So there they were! They are just the cutest and we were so grateful God helped us find them so quickly :)
I can't think of much else that happened this week.. we visited sandra (the one who doesn't want to be catholic anymore) and she's doing well! We showed up at her house at 8:40 thinking we could have a short lesson with her.... WRONG. We started the lesson and it went pretty well for a bit but then by 9:00 she was talking about water on mars and how we're going to pollute it and the lesson didn't quite end how we'd planned.. but what really matters is that we're still teaching her and she's still interested, even if she's also interested in crazy world news too! Oh also, we're still visiting with Jessica and she's doing super well. She was able to watch a bit of conference with her family which is good, cause they're not quite supportive of the church. So hopefully their hearts will be softened a bit!
Anyways, back to conference. I hope you all got a chance to watch at least some of it! Elder Durrant talked about "ponderizing" scriptures which I absolutely loved. I want to extend that same challenge to each of you, to "ponderize" a scripture every week! Meaning, pick a scripture, take what you feel that you need from it (doesn't need to be verbatum), and put it somewhere you'll always see it and memorize it! I'll share with you my scripture for this week. It's found in 1 Ne 11:17 and it says "...I know that [God] loveth his children; nevertheless, I do not know the meaning of all things." I love that because it's short and sweet and couldn't be more true. We don't know everything, but we have a father in heaven who loves us, and that's one of the most important things that we could know. 
Love you all! I hope you enjoyed conference as much as I did and that you have a lovely week!

Hermana Lewis

Pictures:
Sorry, I only have one this week, but this is the prescott family! They are crazy and fun and adorable and remind me of home, so I had to get a picture with them. Also, they have the most beautiful dog ever, right?!?!


0 comments:

Post a Comment