Tuesday, December 22, 2015

MERRY CHRISTMAS!



Merry Christmas! I seriously can't believe it's the week of Christmas!
I hope you all have a great week planned and get to enjoy the last of
the Christmas season :) as for us, we're going to be spending a lot of
time doing service and visiting members and soaking up all the
Christmas spirit that we can!
So this week we had quite a few awesome experiences. My companion got
pretty sick so we had to stay inside for a while, but it was actually
a blessing because I was able to have some phone lessons with people
we haven't been able to get a hold of for a while! It just goes to
show that everything happens for a reason, even sicknesses.
Other than that, we got to do some awesome service this week. We
helped out at the Salvation Army putting Christmas angel packages
together and it was honestly one of my favorite Christmas experiences
I've ever had! What we did was they had numbers placed out all over
the floor for about 600 different families here in rosa. They had a
form filled out for each family that said each of the kids' likes,
dislikes, and what they wished for for Christmas. So we would pick up
a family's form, read through it, and then shop through the toys they
had collected to find what the kids wanted. It was so much fun putting
gifts together and being able to find exactly what the kids had asked
for, knowing it would bring a smile to their faces. One thing I've
come to learn on the mission is that service truly is the best way to
get into the Christmas spirit, and I'm so grateful that I get to
dedicate my life right now to that.
We also had our mission Christmas party this week, which was a blast!
We had a huge breakfast together, every zone put together a skit which
we performed, and then we had a devotional. The devotional was such a
wonderful spiritual experience because during it, each missionary got
up to recite a scripture we had memorized relating to a gift we would
like to give to the savior this year. I chose Mosiah 3:20, which says,
"And moreover, I say unto you, that the time shall come when the
knowledge of a Savior shall spread throughout every nation, kindred,
tongue, and people." I chose that because there's nothing I want more
than to share the knowledge of him with everyone. So, in the spirit of
Christmas, I want to invite you all to ponder the same question our
mission president asked us- what do you want to give to the savior
this year?
I want you all to know how much I love you and I love my savior. Have
a wonderful Christmas! 
 Love, 
Hermana Lewis 

Pictures: 
1. Me with all the hermanas in the ward at the Christmas party! 
2. My MTC comp of course cause I love this girl so much 
3. The ward asked us to do a skit for the Christmas party, so we
performed "donde esta Santa clause" and even got the AP's to come join
in with us! Haha that's me in the stripes 
4. My crazy compie! Throwing it back to 8th grade with that face (sorry mom) 
5. So, as a Christmas gift for our mission president, we were asked to
all record a video about why we're happy, and let's just say this
screenshot describes our endless tries perfectly Face with tears of joy








    

0 comments:

Post a Comment