Monday, December 28, 2015

Best week ever‏

Buenos Dias todos!
I can't even begin to express to you how happy I am! This week was
absolutely amazing- probably one of my favorites in the mission, if
not my favorite. I don't even know where to start!
I guess first off I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! Mine
couldn't have been better. So all week was great because we got to do
so many things to focus on Christ and to help others focus on Christ.
We started off by going downtown to pass out hot chocolate and
pass-along cards downtown with our zone the day before Christmas Eve,
and we had a lot of fun with that. I even saw one of the members from
back in Sonoma that I was really close with while we were there!
So on Christmas Eve, both our zone and the Santa Rosa south zone
(about 40 of us) went downtown and flash mobbed the mall, which was
actually way cool. We gathered around the railing looking down into
the lower floor by the food court, so by the end we were surrounded by
people taking videos and singing along to the Christmas carols with
us. It was definitely an experience I'll remember forever because even
though there were so many people of so many faiths and backgrounds,
the spirit was so strong there and it definitely hit me hard. Plus,
president and his wife surprised us and joined in the caroling, then
bought us all mrs. Fields cookies (my favorites!) after that, we went
to our Christmas Eve dinner. Our investigator, Eric, and one of our
recent converts, valente, fed us. They were so sweet, they had us all
write down our favorite food and dessert that we missed from home, and
then they made them for us. After that we actually had another dinner
with bishop's family and they gave us all Christmas presents so we got
to open presents with them :)
On Christmas, we got up, opened presents (thanks everyone, by the way!
I loved everything you sent me!!), studied, then headed to skype our
families! After that, we went over to president's house because they'd
asked us to come visit on Christmas. We had a great lesson with them
and talked about Christmas, then we were leaving for dinner when they
called and cancelled. So, sister wright, being the sweetheart that she
is, offered to feed all 8 of us in the ward! So we went to visit some
of our less actives, and then headed back for dinner with the wrights,
which was so much fun. Then that night we had a zone
devotional/activity which was a great way to end the night. I'm
definitely sad it's over, but lucky for us missionaries, we get to
focus on the spirit of Christ all the time :)
So aside from all that, everything else is going pretty well too!
We're working really hard with 2 less active families and a less
active member who I'm sure could use your prayers! So if you could all
pray for Gerardo along with the Suarez and Velazquez families, it
would be greatly appreciated. Love you all, happy New Years! 
Love, 
Hermana Lewis 
Pictures: 
1. Skyping with the best family in the world! 
2. Christmas Eve dinner 
3. Christmas present w/ Hermana Escamilla (bishop's wife) 
4. Christmas morning comp picture :) yes, we're too poor for a tree haha







0 comments:

Post a Comment