Monday, January 25, 2016

Del nido=gueritos‏

Well, this was one of those weeks where I feel like so much happened,
but at the same time nothing happened. Haha we finally had more time
to go tracting this week and that was... An interesting experience. We
found these apartments called "del nido" and were super stoked cause
we thought we'd find a ton of Hispanics there, but sadly it was just a
lot of gueritos (white people) smoking weed. The first door we knocked
on, we were talking to him and offered to show him a video about
Jesus Christ, and he told "nah, I don't want you ruining my high." And
then next 5 weren't much different. Haha so we left. But the cool
thing about that was that right after, we went to another complex and
ended up picking up a new investigator there! It's been a while since
we picked up a new investigator, so that was way cool.
Anyways, other than than I don't have much to update you on! But I
love you all and hope your week is great :) 
Love, 
Hermana Lewis 

Pictures: 
1. So, I was on exchanges at the princess palace (it's the apartment
the brush creek sisters live in and it's waaaay nice so that's what we
call it here haha. Anyways, we went to eat lunch and I found these
plates and had to take a picture cause my best friend lives in New
York City and I live super close to San Fransisco, so it was just
cool. 
2 & 3. It was Mayra velazquez's birthday in Saturday so this was at
their little dinner party :) 
4. Soo... During 12 week (it's the training program they do with new
missionaries) this week we had to practice teaching the law of
chastity, and my comp didn't want to do it haha so she made a deal
with me that I had to pretend to be somebody else, so this was me
attempting to dress up like one of our investigators, and that's her
just being her usual self haha.







0 comments:

Post a Comment