Monday, March 21, 2016

Less-active hunting ---> "pasen, viejos!" Um... #hallelujah?‏

So, with the new Easter initiative we spent a lot of time trying to
show the video to every member in our area. We haven't quite gotten
there yet, but it's been fun cause it kinda feels like an Easter egg
hunt, but instead of eggs it's inactive members who probably have been
"hidden" for years. And some are even so hidden we have no idea where
they live anymore... But we've actually found a few new people to
teach from knocking the doors where they used to live! One of them, we
knocked and some guy yells "pasen, viejos!" (That basically means he
called us old men and told us to come in) And opens the door, and we
just stood there laughing and confused. As soon as he saw us and
realized we weren't the friends he was expecting, he was mortified and
felt so bad! We laughed it out though, and come to find out the member
we were looking for didn't live there anymore but we got to have a
great lesson with him. And that is why I love that initiative includes
#hallelujah. Cause hallelujah for random miracles :)
So aside from that, I don't have much to share from this week. I got
the flu, which was NOT fun cause we had tons to do that day and I was
supposed to go on exchanges and our mission nurse told me I better not
give it to anyone else. So, because we are lucky enough to be a trio,
I was able to stay with a member from the ward who actually used to be
a nurse. So my companions were able to go do what they do best while
Hermana McLean worked miracles and by the next day I was back to work!
If that doesn't show that the Lord's hand is in the details of our
lives, I don't know what does.
Well, I hope you all have a great week and enjoy your Easter! Love you :) 
Hermana Lewis 
Pictures:
So, I had to go get new glasses this week and while they were waiting
for them to adjust them, of course we had to try a few on.
Hermana Campbell put these on and decided as soon as her hair turns
grey she's buying them Face with tears of joy
We found these in the apartment.... So this was the result. Haha

0 comments:

Post a Comment