Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Easter!‏

I feel like..... This week was a complete blur! We were just running
from lesson to lesson and we were so busy that now I don't even know
what happened on the week.
First off, we had mission leader push-up council on Friday and I
really enjoyed it. We've been focusing a lot lately in this mission in
being better teachers and finders and how we can do that. It just
gives me so much motivation to go out and find everyone I can and
teach them the gospel!
Speaking of which, I have LOVED having the Easter initiative to just
be able to show a video about Christ to everyone! And hey, we picked
up 4 new investigators just from that this week :) Easter of course
was great as well. We filled about 100 eggs with scriptures and candy
and "egged" our investigators and less actives and the bishopric,
which was super fun. To be honest, towards the end of the day I was
starting to feel like aside from the fact that I made my companions
listen to "he is risen" in the car with me on repeat all day, I didn't
feel like I'd gotten to really take the day to focus on Christ and his
resurrection. But then I started to realize that as a missionary, I
get to focus on that all day every day, so I shouldn't expect it to
feel much different. When you think about it, the message we share
with everyone is centered on Christ and helped people to better
understand God's plan, which is made possible only through our savior
Jesus Christ and the fact that he lived, suffered, died, and was
resurrected for each and every one of us.
Lastly, I just want to share something president eyring said at the
women's conference on Saturday. He was talking a lot about service and
the pure love of Christ, and he said something to the effect that the
way we can grow closer to our savior as we serve others out of pure
love. I can promise you all that's true and that serving others is the
way to go! And speaking of the women's conference, I hope you all
enjoy general conference this weekend!

Love,
Hermana Lewis

Pictures:
1. All the hermanas in the ward
2. Me and Kathy!
3. My hair suddenly got long...
4. Haha kidding. We braided Hermana rosas's hair into mine
5. I made flan this week! From scratch! I'm finally learning how to be
Mexican haha





0 comments:

Post a Comment