Monday, July 6, 2015

FACEBOOK!‏

Big news this week is that we're back on Facebook! Apparently around the time I came out, salt lake sent out orders that everyone had to do a "Facebook fast" so they could fix some bugs and safety issues and whatnot. But we got back on last week! I'll be honest, it's suuuuper weird for me to be using social media, but I'm starting to adjust. I know it's a super useful tool so I'm excited. So here's the rules: I'm not allowed to be friends with anyone who doesn't live in the mission or has served here. But, you are free to "follow" me, which means you'll be able to see my posts and they'll show up on your feed just as if we were friends. And my Facebook name is Hermana-Suzanna Lewis :)

Well, on to other things. We got to meet president and sister wright this week! They are so much fun and such happy, nice people. We had a meet and greet with them on Thursday and it was super fun. They have ten kids and brought two of them with them to the mission, a 17 year old son and a 19 year old daughter. They also speak Spanish which is super nice. It's hard adjusting to the fact that president and sister alba left, but we'll always be their little lambies :) and we have some pretty amazing new mission parents! We're definitely going to have fun with the wrights.

So for the 4th, it wasn't much different than any other day. Haha we had to be in early and nobody was really letting us in cause it was a holiday and they were busy doing family stuff, but it actually turned out to be a pretty good day. We went to a member's house for a little barbecue for dinner which reminded me of home and was super fun, so I had no complaints! It's so nice being in an area with such an amazing ward who treats us like family. Not to mention that over half of the ward literally is family, so when I say that I love this ward family, I literally mean it. Haha

Alright, last but not least we had an amazing miracle with our investigator, Jessica this week! She had pretty much become our best friend here. We were able to set a baptismal date with her this past week which was super awesome cause we had no investigators with baptismal dates set before that. So now we have her! And what's even more amazing is that she came to church on Sunday AND stayed for all 3 hours! Like, Hispanics don't do that. It's actually really sad but it's super hard to get Hispanics to stay for all 3 hours of church, even the members. So when she told us she wanted to stay after sacrament, we were so happy. She has so much potential and is so fun to teach. 

Well, that's about all I've got for this week! And sorry, I probably won't be able to write back to a lot of personal emails this week because we're having major internet problems, but I'll do my best :) love you all!

Love, Hermana Lewis 

I don't have anything too exciting for pictures this week, but the first one is my comp and I and the second one is the crazy people I live with in our 4th of July attire :) haha






0 comments:

Post a Comment